This week on The Accounting Success Podcast, I interview Tom Alongi, CPA and Partner at UHY. UHY has offices in seven states and is a member of the UHY global accountancy network. The firm specializes in over a dozen different industries including construction, energy, health care, and government.
Check it out here: https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c
Tom is the leader of UHY’s national manufacturing practice. He has been with the firm for over 20 years, starting right out of college. With most of his clients in the middle market, Tom focuses on providing the same resources as a Big 4 firm but with a more specialized, value-based approach. Tom shared his insights on how to promote an entrepreneurial culture within a CPA firm, as well as:
- The common mistakes he sees business owners making
- Why it’s no longer acceptable to just be a great auditor
- How UHY is adapting to millennials—and how they’re changing the way the firm works
- Why CPAs need to engage with clients from a value add perspective and the importance of a specialized industry practice
- Why being the biggest CPA firm does not always mean the best
The Accounting Success Podcast is available on iTunes and airs Wednesdays at 9:30 am. But you can listen anytime by going to https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c and downloading the latest episode.